Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Rob and Kath's Woods

On Sunday morning we head to Rob and Kath's woodland located near Tunbridge Wells on the Kent and East Sussex border.

They've been working the woodland, clearing areas of bracken and generally improving the habitat and indeed productivity of the site.

We were amazed at the diversity of fungi in the relatively small area and took photographs of over thirty species in around an hour.  Had I planned ahead I would have taken my tripod and got better quality images from the low-light conditions, as it was some of them turned out reasonably well:










We are familiar with the last one, Fly Agaric, Amanita muscaria, but not sure about any of the others, I may have to open that big book on the shelf - the Collins Fungi Guide.  Think I'll wait for a darker, shorter day before doing so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home