Thursday, May 02, 2013

Glenn Bartley Photography Workshop

The balcony had been set-up so that four flashes surrounded each placed feeder.  The trick was then to capture the birds as they approached or fed.

Glenn Bartley (http://www.glennbartley.com/) runs lots of this type of workshop and has extensive experience with the birding in North, Central and South America.

The results for my fifteen minutes speak for themselves, this is using a manual focus as my lens is having focusing speed issues, so they could have been sharper too.

Green-breasted Mango:







I really like this one of a male:




And this one:



Bronze-tailed Plumeleteer:


Violet-crowned Woodnymph:


White-necked Jacobin:







With the expertise, kit and technique it's clear my photography could improve dramatically.  Alas for now that will have to be another day but I really did enjoy this brief and generous invitation to work with Glenn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home