Saturday, October 25, 2008

last stop - San Diego

The last stop of my trip was in San Diego. There were a few House Sparrows and Feral Pigeons in New York, but nothing of note, and the previous week I'd seen my first Cooper's Hawk in a park in Chicago but it was raining so no snaps. San Diego was toasty, from 22c to 30c during the day. As it's also -3hours to the East Coast I was getting up around 4-5am each morning, so decided to take a short walk to the local park just after first light.

The most obvious bird in both volume and numbers, though hard to spot was the Black-chinned Hummingbird:














You hear them before you see them. There were a number of Purple Finches in the park, large number of Starlings and Feral Pigeons too. I did spot this lone Black Phoebe:




















And finally, it's a flycatcher, it's looking at some other Flycatchers above it, but I have no idea what species it might be - but it sums up what I feel as I write this - I want and hope to see much more :)




Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home